POSITION: CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER CTO / VP ENGINEERING
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Compensation: Early Stage Equity + Salary
GitaCloud, Inc. is a US based startup looking for a VP Engineering to manage software cloud platform development operations.
GitaCloud leadership team and Board of Advisors have serial start-up experience and includes management consulting and enterprise software sales veterans from SAP and IBM. We also have business leaders from industry (VP Supply Chain), widely published academicians (Professors in reputed US universities), management consulting veterans (people who have managed SAP practice greater than $50 million USD annual turnover), widely published thought leaders / authors, and more. Our leadership team and advisors of business and IT leaders is well networked in our target customer base (medium-large global enterprises that can optimize operations based on superior planning results from advanced analytics based models).
We are creating a next generation cognitive platform based on machine learning and advanced analytics (predictive, prescriptive, cognitive) focused on end to end value networks. This Advanced Analytics oriented cloud platform is focused on delivering supply chain related use cases like Demand Sensing, Demand Shaping / What-if Simulation, Demand Optimization, Multi - Enterprise Demand Sensing, Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization, Supply Sensing / Shaping, Demand-Supply Balancing & Profitability Optimization, Integrated Business Planning to our Fortune 1000 enterprise customers in end-to-end value networks.
The technical challenge is exciting as we are focused on delivering modeling automation with cognitive abilities to ease the pain of limited data scientist bandwidth to manually build models across exploding product portfolios. You will be working with an extremely passionate team of professionals in US and India who are highly skilled in supply chain domain (process, planning solver technology, data/integration, change management), advanced analytics, business transformation / change management, sales & marketing, and customer success.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
We are looking for seasoned technologist leader, a cloud/web technology Guru who can architect and lead development of the cloud platform from a clean slate leveraging IaaS/PaaS solutions that scale well for the big data / advanced analytics use case.
In this role, you will build the development team in India as well as provide hands-on technical leadership by leading from the front.
We expect you will:
· Set the vision for the cloud platform technology and full stack architecture keeping the platform generic capabilities and specific use cases in mind
· Develop and deliver the platform technology roadmap and execute on the product roadmap working with Product Owners
· Develop technical strategy, architecture and development goals.
· Lead all technical and key platform architecture decisions, from concept through development and deployment
· Lead and manage the technology planning, use of alternative technologies, and the production of technical documentation/ prototype development
· Run the day-to-day management of the Engineering organization with an emphasis on results, recruiting, and helping to mentor and develop front-line managers and software engineers
· Set, evangelize, and enforce software development processes
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
· 10-15 years in web application development with 5+ years track record of successfully managing, recruiting, developing, & scaling world class engineering teams of 15+ people.
· Working experience in smaller organizations / startups where you delivered a platform / product from scratch is a big plus
· Strong technical background in Java, Hadoop, Node.JS, Machine Learning / Algorithms, Big Data and Cloud technologies. Experience building enterprise grade cloud platforms & web applications
· A track record of architecting, developing, and shipping successful commercial products under aggressive schedules
· Experience with services oriented architecture, test driven development (TDD) & other testing methodologies, and a zeal for automation at all levels
· Exhibit the necessary energy & drive, and have the experience to act as a change agent in larger teams
· Compelling communicator with both tech & non-tech audiences, who inspires & motivates
· Have a solid educational foundation through a computer science degree from a reputed institute and being a technologist at heart
· Take charge and can-do attitude, ability to solve problems in a calm manner, attitude of taking full accountability to outcomes in your work across all the technical components (platform / apps)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
· Competitive salary & benefits, equity options
· Opportunity to work with a diverse and renowned set of founders and executive leaders
· Friendly, supportive, and fast growth environment with a team of engaged colleagues
· Casual, high energy work environment
Email your resume to: email@example.com