DR. RAMESH BOLLAPRAGADA
SCM ADVANCED ANALYTICS INNOVATOR
Dr. Ramesh Bollapragada is Director of Research and Accreditation at the College of Business, San Francisco State University, CA, USA.
Prior to joining SFSU in 2002, he was a Research Scientist at Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies.
Ramesh has a B.Tech. and M.S. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from India and a M.S. and PhD in Management of Manufacturing and Automation from the Graduate School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, U.S.A. His research interests are in Supply Chain planning & Optimization: in forecasting, inventory and supply chain optimization, production scheduling, etc.
Ramesh received several academic awards and several management awards during his industrial career: Some important ones include:
- Distinguished faculty awards, “Research Professor of the San Francisco State University (2013-2014) across 1000 faculty members in the university (this is equivalent of the lifetime achievement award in Research)”
- “Research Professor of the Year for two consecutive years at the College of Business- SFSU (2004-2005 and 2005-2006)”
- Few United States Patents at Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies.
- Ramesh’s work led him to be a Semi-finalist for the Franz Edelman Award in 2008-2009,
- Finalist for the Wagner Prize in 2003-2004, and his group at Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies. Helped win the INFORMS prize for the company in 1998.
After joining academia, Ramesh has been a visiting professor to top universities in U.S.A (e.g. Haas School of Business, University of California-Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon university in Pittsburgh), France (HEC School of Management, Paris), India (IIM-Ahmedabad), India (Indian School of Business-Hyderabad), Italy (Politecnico Di Torino), Finland (Helsinki School of Economics), Ireland (Cork Constraint Computational Center).
Ramesh has been invited to give talks at Stanford University. U.C. Berkeley, and at several companies including the Research group at Google’s Headquarters. To date, Ramesh has visited over 25 countries on research, and teaching, and has guided over 25 MBA thesis projects in the college of business at SFSU.
Ramesh has presented at over twenty international conferences in U.S. and Europe, and has served as invited session chair at the INFORMS national conference in U.S A. several times.
In addition, Ramesh has published over 20 journal articles in international journals such as: Management Science, Interfaces, Naval Research Logistics, Informs Journal of Computing, IIE Transactions on Scheduling and Logistics, European Journal on Operational Research, Decision Sciences, OR Letters, International Journal of Production Research, Transportation Journal, Journal of Mathematical Finance.